Are You More of a Religious Person? We Have Listed Top Ten Spiritual Places to Visit Near Gurugram, Haryana
Haridwar is an ancient city, known for its religious beliefs. River Ganga is believed to be coming from Lord Shiva’s hair, which attracts a lot of devotees to make a visit here. The water of river Ganga is believed to be equivalent to Amrit. People usually take a bath in the banks of River Ganga to wash away their sins. Every twelve years, a Mela called Haridwar Kumbha Mela is conducted which attracts countless devotees and tourists. Places like Har Ki Pauri, Mansa Devi Temple, Chandi Devi Temple, etc are there to explore in Haridwar.
- Haridwar is nearly 239 KM away from Gurugram.
- You can take a Bus or a Cab to reach there.
- It takes nearly 5 Hours 40 Minutes to reach Haridwar from Gurugram.
Pushkar is a town in Ajmer District of Rajasthan which is most popularly known for its religious beliefs. It has various famous Ghats and Temples built for the Hindus and Sikhs. Various Gurudwaras are built on the name of Guru Gobind Singh Ji and Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Most of the devotees take a bath on the Ghats of Pushkar Lake. Pushkar is significant for places like Brahma Temple, Savitri Mata Temple, Pushkar Lake, and many Gurudwaras and temples.
- Pushkar is nearly 377 KM away from Gurugram.
- You can take a Bus, Train, Flight, or Cab to reach Pushkar from Gurugram.
- It takes nearly 6 Hours 15 Minutes to reach Pushkar from Gurugram.
Kedarnath is a very famous temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. Kedarnath is in Uttarakhand, located in the Himalayan Range near Mandakini river. The temple is covered with snow and has favourable weather conditions for only half of the year that is from April to November. It is popularly counted temple in the list of Char Dham of Himalayas. Places like Kedarnath Temple, Charobari Tal, Bhairavnath Temple, etc.
- Kedarnath is nearly 322 KM away from Gurugram.
- You can take a Bus or a Cab to reach Kedarnath from Gurugram.
- MATHURA – VRINDAVAN
Mathura – Vrindavan is a very famous religious town in Uttar Pradesh. Nidhivan is a very famous place here, which is a must to visit as it has a lot of stories famous on it. The fresh air and environment are going to refresh your minds.This birthplace of Lord Krishna attracts many tourists to the place. Govind Deo Temple, Shahji Temple, Banke Bihari Temple,Govardhan Hill, Kusum Sarovar, Dwarkadhish Temple, etc.are some of thefamous places to visit in Mathura – Vrindavan.
- Mathura – Vrindavan is nearly 190 KM away from Gurugram.
- It takes 3 Hours Mathura – Vrindavan from Gurugram.
- You can take a Bus, Train, Cab or car to reach Mathura – Vrindavan from Gurugram.
Garhmukteshwar is an ancient place in Uttar Pradesh. This town is dedicated to the goddess Ganga and has four temples where goddess Ganga is worshipped. Places like Ganga Mandir, Mukteshwar Mahadev Temple, Brijghat, etc. The place is easy to reach and can be one of the best places to visit on weekends.
- Garhmukteshwar is nearly 131 KM away from Gurugram.
- It takes nearly 3 Hours 10 Minutes to reach Garhmukteshwar from Gurugram.
- You can take a Bus or a cab to reach Garhmukteshwar from Gurugram.
Located in the Yamnotri Range in Uttarakhand, Yamunotri temple is one of the sites included in Char Dham. Yamunotri is the source of river Yamuna. Goddess Yamuna is worshipped in the temple, located at the banks of Yamunotri. There are hot water springs near the temple, where the prasad is prepared. The places to visit around the temple includes Divya Shila, Surya Kund – most important Kund, Janki Chatti, etc.
- Yamunotri is nearly 450 KM away from Gurugram.
- It takes nearly 12 Hours to reach Yamunotri from Gurugram.
- You can take a Bus or a Cab to reach Yamunotri from Gurugram.
- TARKESHWAR, LANSDOWNE
Takeshwar Mahadev Temple is located in Lansdowne and is purely dedicated to Lord Shiva. If you are a nature lover, this can be a perfect site to spend some days as the place is surrounded by dense forests. This can be a perfect religious place to refresh your minds. There are bathing pools to take a bath before you enter the temple. A grand celebration is conducted on Mahashivratri, where many devotees come to offer prayers. There are various tourist accommodations to stay near the temple. Places to visit around the temple includes Bulla Lake, Tiffin top, Durga Devi Temple, etc.
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev Temple is 305 KM away from Gurugram.
- It takes nearly 8 Hours 30 Minutes to reach Tarkeshwar from Gurugram.
- You can take a Bus, Cab, or a train to reach Tarkeshwar from Gurugram.
- NAINA DEVI TEMPLE, NAINITAL
Shri Naina Devi Ji Temple is situated on the hilltop in Nainital. This is a very famous temple and is believed to be based on a story. It is believed that the eyes of Devi Sati fell here when her body was cut into fifty-one pieces and since then the Temple is called Naina Devi Temple. There are a lot of places to visit around the temple like Nainital Lake, Kainchi Dham, Naina Peak, etc.
- Naina Devi Temple is nearly 400 KM away from Gurugram.
- It takes 7 Hours 30 Minutes to reach Naina Devi Temple from Gurugram.
- You can take a Bus, Cab, or Train to reach Naina Devi Temple from Gurugram.
Located along river Ganga, Rishikesh is a religious spot in Uttarakhand. It is situated near to Haridwar, but both places are very different in nature. Rishikesh is a place full of different temples and some of the adventurous activities as well. There are various ashrams where spirituality, yoga, meditation, etc are taught. Various activities like River Rafting, Lakshman Jhula, and a lot more is there for the tourists. It is also famous for the Neelkanth Mahadeva Temple.
- Rishikesh is nearly 260 KM away from Gurugram.
- It takes nearly 7 Hours to reach Rishikesh from Gurugram.
- You can take a Bus or a Cab to reach Rishikesh from Gurugram.
- HASTINAPUR, UTTAR PRADESH
Hastinapur is a town in Uttar Pradesh, established at the time of Mahabharata. There are various Hindu and Jain Temples in the town. Situated at the banks of River Ganga, Hastinapur is an ancient town which marks the history of glorious tales of epic Mahabharata. Places like Digambar Jain Temple, Karan Ghat, Krishna Temple, Pandeshwar Mahadev Temple, etc attracts a large number of devotees.
- Hastinapur is nearly 150 KM away from Gurugram.
- It takes nearly 5 Hours to reach Hastinapur from Gurugram.
- You can take a Bus or a Cab to reach Hastinapur from Gurugram.